Datatank Ltd, Gothic House, Barker Gate, Nottingham, NG1 1JU
0115 786 0107
We are registered with Companies House – registration number 04111483.
We are registered as Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) – registration number Z917817X
WHAT WE DO
Datatank provides automated data matching services to its clients for the purposes of:
- Confirming the person’s place of residency (address)
- Confirming if the person is entitled to the services and/or benefits they are claiming from our client
- Confirming a person’s identity
Your personal data will be subject to the following automated profiling (as defined in Article 4, paragraph 4 GDPR)
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our clients will provide us with your personal data which may include your name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone number. This information is shared under the auspices of a separate Data Processing Agreement between Datatank and each client which is compliant with the DPA 2018 and GDPR.
We will use the property address to request an indication of the number of adults with an active credit footprint from the Credit Reference Agencies. Where this differs from our client’s records, we will contact you asking you to confirm who is living at your property. We will pass on to our client any information you provide (whether by phone, email, online or written correspondence).
The auto-matching of your data in this manner is carried out in the public interest and in the exercise of official authority vested in the Data Controller by our clients.
We will sometimes need to share your information with other organisation, such as:
- Credit reference agencies
- The police
- Government bodies
- Third parties where there is legitimate interest
We will only share your information with these organisations where it is appropriate and legal to do so.
In instances such as:
- If there is a risk of serious harm or threat to life
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or crime
- Assessment of any tax or duty
- If we need to do so by any court or law
- Where you have requested we do so, by contacting us, or responding to our eForm making such a request
- Where data suggests you are no longer a resident at a property
Where this is necessary, we will adhere to all aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING DATA
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Contract (for fulfilling contractual SPD/Fraud detection services we are employed to undertake)
- Consent (for providing service quotations)
(You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting)
The Data Protection Officer
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information is securely stored on Datatank Ltd’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers in London & Cardiff.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Requests may be made using the address below.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files transferred and stored on your computer, smartphone or other device when you visit or interact with a website. The use of ‘cookies’ allows us to help you get the best out of your visit to our website and improve your user experience.
For further information on ‘cookies’, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/
We currently use Google Analytics to track how visitors interact with our website. For instance, we track your internet protocol (IP) address, the type of operating system you use, the pages you view, your average session duration, as well as page response times and visitor numbers.
This information collected enables us to create a better customer experience and make improvements to our website and service where applicable.
The data we collect through Google Analytics does not include any personal information that could identify you as an individual. All the data collected remains anonymous and is only used to improve our website.
HOW DO I MANAGE MY COOKIES?
You can manage how cookies are placed on your device and remove existing cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose not to allow all cookies, then please remember we cannot ensure you get the best possible user experience when visiting our website.
Visit the following link for information on how to manage and delete cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Alternatively, you can find out how to manage cookies on your preferred browser by clicking one of the following links:
HOW TO COMPLAIN
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
The Data Protection Officer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk